Search for content in message boards

Isaac Gano

Replies: 9

Re: Isaac Gano

Posted: 10 May 2011 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Gano
I have been reseaching the Isaac Gano that you are referring to for the last couple of years. (I realize that the post is a decade old but hopefully this might help others.) I started with the following book:

HISTORY OF YAKIMA VALLEY page 326
(The book is in the public domain and can be downloaded for free at http://www.archive.org/)

Ira J. Gano, devoting his attention to general farming in Yakima county, was born in Patterson, Hardin county, Ohio, February 6, 1877, a son of James H. and Rhoda M. (Gardner) Gano. The father was a native of Champaign county, Ohio, born December 3, 1837, and was a son of Isaac and Nancy Jane (Hogg) Gano, the former a native of Berkeley county. West Virginia, and the latter of Clark county, Ohio. The Gano family is of French lineage and was established on American soil during early colonial days. The ancestral line is traced back through Isaac Gano to Daniel Gano, who served in the Revolutionary war, enlisting from Virginia. He was a valiant adherent of the cause of the colonies and rendered active aid in the cause of independence. He passed away in Virginia at the age of sixty years. His son Isaac afterward removed to Ohio in young manhood and there spent his remaining days. He was a miller by trade and followed that pursuit in early manhood, while later he took up the occupation of farming.

I then contacted the Berkeley Historical Society. The only Isaac Gano they could find was in the will of Daniel Gano who was married to Margaret (Duckworth most likely). Daniel did not serve in in the Revolution but his father James was in the New Jersey Miltia for a short time. If the book excerpt from above can be trusted then the following is Isaac's lineage:

Isaac, son of
Daniel, son of
James, son of
Isaac, son of
Etienne Gayneau

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tim C. 31 Jul 2000 9:02PM GMT 
t gano 22 Aug 2000 4:43PM GMT 
Sharon L (McGuire) Peterson 16 Nov 2001 10:19PM GMT 
paintedguns 10 Jul 2008 12:58AM GMT 
paintedguns 10 Jul 2008 1:05AM GMT 
val. dingle gano 24 Jan 2001 6:35PM GMT 
paintedguns 10 Jul 2008 1:01AM GMT 
Kurt Gano 11 May 2011 12:21AM GMT 
JGUNNOE4333 21 Oct 2012 3:32PM GMT 
Kurt Gano 21 Oct 2012 11:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions