Search for content in message boards

Cynthia Gano

Replies: 2

Cynthia Gano

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 11:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gano, Ganno, Ganoe, Hidy
OK, so I got this BIG surprise last month when I learned a WHOLE BUNCH about my great grandmother's ancestry. Of course one door opens and another one closes. Right now the closed door is her father's mother. My ggm was born OOW in 1880 so there was little tradition passed on. But her mother's obit and other evidence points to her father being Oscar Hidy. His parents were Nathan Hidy and Cynthia Gano b 22 Nov 1829 in Ohio. Cynthia is the mystery now.

Here's where it gets to be something between strange and very interesting. Some of the legit family members think her name was Guano. Now I know the 1800's were sort of primitive but NOBODY has a last name that means bird crap. What does look likely is she was descended from a Ganoe. But the closest I can come to any family for her is Jeptha Ganno b Fayette or Greene Co, OH abt 1856 moved to Jay Co, IN in 1880. Jay Co is where Cynthia lived most of her life. Jeptha's parents were Thomas and Samantha Ganno from Fayette/Greene Co. And Nathan and Cynthia Hidy named a son Jeptha.

So I have a little circumstantial evidence and that's about it for now. One cousin believes her dad may have been Samuel Gano. All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Ray
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RayVick51 12 Feb 2012 6:33AM GMT 
Kurt Gano 15 Feb 2012 1:05AM GMT 
RayVick51 15 Feb 2012 4:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions