Search for content in message boards

Samuel Garber,bn.abt 1775, York co., Pa./wf. Ann Mock

Replies: 15

Re: Samuel Garber,bn.abt 1775, York co., Pa./wf. Ann Mock

Posted: 15 May 2010 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garber, Shelly, Harris
Liz:
In the Kosciusko County Genealogical Society, located in my hometown of Warsaw, IN, there is a history of the Garber family going back to Switzerland. I distinctly remember Jacob being mentioned. You can contact them on-line; they are wonderful about researching. My best recollection is that it was a small yellow report binder compiled by Samuel (?) Young, whose address was on North Lake Street in Warsaw. I am interested in this family, as my great grandmother was Mary Magdaline Garber (b.1890, d.1910), daughter of Margaret Shelly Garber and Henry Garber. She married my great grandfather, Edward Harris and my grandfather, Paul Harold Harris was their only child. She died very young, just short of her 20th birthday. Growing up, I had 2 Garber cousins in Warsaw. There were several other Garbers in that town that my late mother knew, but I never knew how we were connected; I now live in Texas. Their father and mother are still alive and live there; the daughters have both moved out of state. I recently located one of them. But, if you will check Warsaw, IN, you may find a lot of information on the Garber family.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elmer1946 23 Jan 2004 1:54AM GMT 
Gretchen 30 Sep 2001 3:39AM GMT 
Liz Miller 30 Apr 2002 7:47PM GMT 
Grammar601 8 Feb 2007 2:00PM GMT 
bharrisstacks 15 May 2010 9:58PM GMT 
charpooh164 20 Jul 2008 1:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic