EDWARD GARLEY was born in Virginia. He is Afro-American. He married MARY THOMAS on Dec. 22, 1874 in Victoria county, Texas. . . .
In 1870 EDWARD GARLEY is listed as a Black Soldier stationed at Fort Davis, Texas:
name - EDWARD GARLEY - born VA . . .
In 1880 Census of Jackson County:
1. EDWARD GARLEY - BLACK RACE - BORN va
2. wife - MARY Garley - born TX
3. dau - LURETIA Garley - 16 TX . . .
Does anyone know who his daughter LURETIA GARLEY married?
And year of marriage? . . .
In 1900 Census - Jackson County
1. head - EDWARD H. GARLEY 50 - black born VA
2. wife - MARY 40 born TX
3. son - EDWARD P. - born TX - 17 born 1882
4. son - Ulysses - born 1886 - 14 TX
In 1910 Census - Jackson County
1. head - ED GARLEY 60, B. va
2. wife - Mary - 55 TX
3. son - ED GARLEY - age 27 married, b. TX
4. dau-in-law > MARY Garley - age 26 TX
5. gran-son > ROBERT GARLEY - age 1 TX
In 1920 Census - Jackson County
1. head - EDWARD GARLEY - age 80 - b. VA
2. wife - MARY - age 65 TX
3. gran-dau> Mamie Lee Garley - age 12
4. gran-son> Robert Lee Garley - age 11
5. gran-son> Roosevelt Garley - age 7
In 1930 Jackson County
1. head - EDWARD GARLEY - age 91, b. VA
2. wife - MARY GARLEY -age 80 TX
3. gran-son> Robert Lee Garley - born TX
4. gran-son> Roosevelt Garley - age 17, b. TX
5. gran-son> EARL W. GARLEY - age 12 TX
6. gran-son> ED LEE GARLEY - age 14 TX
EDWARD P. GARLEY died 1944 - Jackson County, TX
MARY GARLEY died 1939 - Jackson County, TX
ULYSSES GARLEY died 1976 - Jackson County, TX
For genealogy purposes, does anyone know if the GARLEY family knew the GAYLE brothers who resided in INEZ, TEXAS?
Please contact me if you have any information to share.
2. wife -