Search for content in message boards

Sir Knight William Garrett

Replies: 3

: Sir Knight William Garrett

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Oct 2004 7:01AM GMT
Surnames: garrett, dunston, buchner
Confusion seems to rule the day concerning your/our Sir Knight. Maybe I can shed some light: I have Sir Knight William Garrett, Born, 1583, his father John Garrett was born in 1550, Middlesex England. Sir Knight was married to Bridget, born 1587, Leichestershire. Their son John was born, 1603 and married a Mary Dunston. Their son, John was born June, 1634 and married Elizabeth Ware. Their son, John was born 1675 and married Francis Elizabeth Buchner and so forth. I have heard mention of a Bible but no conclusive link to the John you asked about. Some information about Sir Knight: The name Garrett comes from, Son Of Gerard-Spear Brave(Old German,Gerhard) I believe his father, John may have been Lord Mayor of London and owned a pub, The Red Lion, which is still in existence. I have reference to Semper Fidelis on the family crest and also a reference to Torch Bearer connection Sir Knight to one of his duties as keeping the security fires burning around the castle. If any of this helps I am more than willing to share what I have. Bill(Garrett) Clark
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Linda Walden Garrett 5 Oct 2004 8:50PM GMT 
crazywilliam 10 Oct 2004 8:53PM GMT 
garrettrschr 20 Oct 2004 4:55PM GMT 
L. Garrett 26 Nov 2004 9:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic