Search for content in message boards

Will of William Garrison of VA>AL

Replies: 8

Will of William Garrison of VA>AL

Beverly Reach Perry (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Garrison, Bolling, Higginbotham
From the Madison Co., AL public library, here is the will of William Garrison, b. Oct. 23, 1746 in Stafford Co. VA d. Sept. 10, 1824 Madison Co., AL; m. 1) Jane Bowling d. 1801 in Tazewell Co., VA; 2) Frances "Fanny" Higginbotham July 3, 1801 Tazewell Co. VA.

In the name of God Amen.

I William Garreson of the County of Madison & State of Alabama being but weak in body but blesed be God of Sound memory & mind do therefor ordain this as my Last will & Testament.

First I cheerfully resign my body to the earth from whence it was taken to be entered in a decent Christen form of burial according to the rights of our Church after my deceased & my Sole unto the hands of my faithful Creator to await in hopes of a joyful resurrection for their happy and eternal reunion.

Secondly I bequeath to my beloved wife Frances all my personal and real estate after all my Debtes is payed so long as shee remaines in a State of Widowhood for the sole use of & benefits of her & our four daughters & at her desease to be equally divided between my four daughters Sally Jane Garreson, Polly Garreson, Nancy Garreson & Frances Gareson. But if my wife should marry again I give her from that time until her decease one third only the other two thirds to be divided between the children as soon as Convenient that is Jane Garreson, Polly Garreson, Nancy Garreson and Frances Garreson & the whole to be inherited by them after my wife's death.

Thirdly I bequeath to my two daughters by my first wife Ellinore Bolling & Betsey Higgenbothom I confirm what I have already given that is to say to Ellinor Bolling I gave a black girl named Charrity now about seventeen or eighteen years of age, a good horse and saddle and other stock to Betsey I gave a black girl named Fanny now about fifteen years of age, a good horse, saddle & stock & many other articles for housekeeping to each this being the utmost amount of my intended portion for them therefore Lastley I ordain that they have no claim farther on my estate but that Jane Garreson, Polly Garrison, Nancy Garreson and Frances Garreson our four daughters shall inherit as I have directed in all things.

Fourthly I apoint Randolph Sullivan my exetor to this my last will and testament.

In Confirmation of this being my last will and Testament revoking all others I set my hand and seale to this, this Tenth day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand Eighteen Hundred and Twenty four

William Garreson

Signed sealed and published in the presence of us

Robert Higgenbotham
William Atkins
Moses Higgenbotham
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Beverly Reach Perry 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
RegeniaCampbe... 14 Oct 2006 9:53PM GMT 
SudieGreen35 12 Oct 2012 12:34AM GMT 
Regenia_Campb... 12 Oct 2012 7:36PM GMT 
Chica181 20 Apr 2013 4:13AM GMT 
Bsnoll 21 Apr 2013 1:43PM GMT 
Chica181 21 Apr 2013 11:07PM GMT 
Bsnoll 21 Apr 2013 11:30PM GMT 
tcrone79 19 Jul 2013 8:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions