Search for content in message boards

Garrisons of Stafford VA

Replies: 3

Garrisons of Stafford VA

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 9:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garrison, Ransdell, Crump, Mitchell
I know that my ggg grandfather, Robert Garrison (b 1808), was born in Stafford Co, VA; however, I have been unable to connect him to any other Garrisons there.

I recently caught a break after a visit to the Library of Virginia, and through a variety of records, believe that Robert may be the grandson of John Garrison, the Revolutionary War veteran. (Source of the following information in this paragraph is the memoirs of John Rowzee Garrison Jr, US Treasury Comptroller): John, who married Betty Ennis, had five sons: Jesse, John (m. Jemima Unknown), Moses, James, and William. I believe most or all of them fought in the War of 1812. Moses married Nancy Atchison and they had several sons, among them John Rowzee Garrison.

I am taking a leap (through information in the Lib of VA and other records) that Moses's brother James could be the father of my Robert.

Other names in this line are Roy Garrison, Adeline V Garrison, James S Garrison, John W Garrison, John L Garrison, and Susan I Garrison.

If anyone else is researching Revolutionary War veteran John Garrison, US Treasury Comptroller John Rowzee Garrison, his son Fielding Hudson Garrison, or think they can connect to this line somehow, please reply.

Thanks,
Heather
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
heathersglass 22 Sep 2007 3:49PM GMT 
MARTA886 25 Sep 2007 3:33PM GMT 
HezzaG 11 Feb 2008 2:14AM GMT 
JimLongway 20 Sep 2012 6:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic