Search for content in message boards

Garrison / Baird Connection?

Replies: 0

Garrison / Baird Connection?

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 4:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Oct 2012 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Bird, Baird, Burd
Has anybody come across a Garrison / Baird connection? My Gt Grandfather was Wesley Garrison, b 1876, in New Jersey and his father was Abraham. I believe he fits in the Garrison Family Tree with Abraham b 1854 and wife Martha b1858, brother Lorenzo. Abraham remarried to Nellie. However I had my brother do a Y DNA test and when I compared it to the others in the Garrison project it didn't match at all. All the matches were to Bird / Burd / Baird. I am bemused and disappointed and don't know where to go from here. There were no close matches so I can't even contact anybody to see if our trees match anywhere. My story becomes more complicated because my GT G'Father went to England where he married my Gt G'Mother. He then changed his name to Garland (which is what I was born as) and went back to USA on his own in 1920s and disappeared. Having traced him back to the Garrison family in NJ (which took a lot of detective work) I thought the DNA test would just confirm the link, but it doesn't. Can anybody throw any light on this? I am thinking somewhere in the line one of the women was 'naughty'...?

Find a board about a specific topic