Search for content in message boards

James Garst of Va

Replies: 2

Re: James Garst of Va

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 2:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garst, Lewis, Peatross, Burruss
I don't know if this information is correct, but Rootsweb's World Connect has a file for James Lewis Garst (9/16/1899 VA-11/15/1971 NC, the son of Thomas Dillard Garst and Mary Lewis), who married Mary Rozelle Peatross (7/5/1898-3/1978, the daughter of Seth Campbell Peatross and Rose Lee "Rozelle" Burruss). These two other children (siblings of James Lewis Garst) are listed for Thomas Dillard Garst and Mary Lewis: Lula Woods Garst and Robert Edward Garst (b. 8/28/1900). These four children are listed for James Lewis Garst and Mary Rozelle Peatross: Anne Elizabeth Garst, James Lewis Garst Jr., Eleanor Burruss Garst, and Thomas Lewis Garst (b. 2/11/1931 NC). It looks like James may have moved his family to Guilford Co. NC sometime after he was married (son Thomas was born there 1931, and James himself died in Emerywood/High Point, Guilford Co. NC in 1971), so I would look for him in Guilford Co. NC records. This World Connect database was posted by Cheryl Maxwell, so you could try sending an email to her for more information. See James' file at this website and connect to his ancestors and children from there - http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op.... I hope this helps!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
olclarke 29 Aug 2009 6:27PM GMT 
jgarstschramm 29 Aug 2009 8:14PM GMT 
olclarke 1 Sep 2009 1:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions