Search for content in message boards

Garton/Garten Research Project

Replies: 4

Garton/Garten Research Project

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garton, Garten, Wray
Hello Garton/Garten Researchers,

We have a group of genealogists researching their Garton ancestors that have taken a DNA test or two to help them with their research. Here is our website www.familytreedna.com/public/Garton. From there, click on the links on the left hand side called Y-DNA Results or mtDNA Results to see who are the most distant ancestors that our project members are working on.

I am the volunteer project administrator for this website and I do not work for Family Tree DNA. I have used DNA testing in my own research and am an enthusiast. If you have any questions about how DNA testing can help you in your research or want to share how it has helped you, please post your responses.

One reason for posting this message is that the more people who join our project the better chance we have of finding a genetic match and possibly advancing our research. It is fortunate to find someone who matches you who has researched their ancestor back more generations than you. Another reason for this message is that Family Tree DNA is having a summer sale of $40 off that ends on June 25.

Here is the Garton/Garten ancestor that I am research. I descend from William Garton born about 1630 in England and died December 1709 in Lancaster Co., VA. He married Hanah Margaret Angell and they had the following children: Uriah, Margaret, Katherine, James, and Anthony. I descend from Uriah Garten born 1658 in Lancaster County, Virginia, through his son Elijah Garten . . . to more recent times to John Garten born in 1768 in Monroe Co., VA who married Matilda Wray. I have made several trips to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City to do research on my Garten family but it is a tough one. I would love to hear from anyone researching this line.

Good luck in your research,

Daniela Moneta
Phoenix, Arizona

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dmoneta 17 Jun 2010 8:31PM GMT 
jaycubsfan 23 Feb 2011 12:53AM GMT 
epaulmiller 22 Mar 2011 4:59AM GMT 
dmoneta 22 Mar 2011 3:56PM GMT 
epaulmiller 22 Mar 2011 4:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic