Search for content in message boards

Garvin and Campbell

Replies: 0

Garvin and Campbell

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 11:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garvin, Davison, Campbell
I;ve been looking at the Garvins and Campbells in Greenbrier and Monroe County, WV. John Campbell is supposed to have married a Jane Garvin about 1784, but I don't know where. Her father may have been John. There was a John in Cumberland County, Pa who died in 1785 and had a son named John. One of the executors of the estate was John Davison, and later John Garvin of Greenbrier County acknowledged a debt of 284 pounds Pennsylvania currency dating from May 1785. John Garvin was sentenced in 1791 to debtor's gaol until the debt was paid, but he apparently wasn't there long because he, or someone of the same name, was shown on jury lists of the same time period.

Is this John Garvin in Greenbrier County the son of John who died in Cumberland County in 1785? The younger John lived near a Thomas Garvin, and Thomas was also a son of John in Cumberland County, so it seems at least possible.

Can anyone tell me whether the Jane who married John Campbell was a daughter of either John or Thomas?

Also, was there a blood relationship between the Garvins and John Davison?

Thanks to anyone who can help with this one.

Janice in Indiana

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions