Search for content in message boards

George GASTON--Father of Grace Rosine/Husband of Martha KRUMREI

Replies: 0

George GASTON--Father of Grace Rosine/Husband of Martha KRUMREI

Rose-Marie Brannigan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2004 8:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GASTON, KRUMREI, DAVIS, MOORE
I've been searching for my grandmother's family for two years. At first I thought she was born to James H. DAVIS.

I have now found the "certified copy of record of birth" issued from the county of Washtenaw, state of Michigan that states her orginal birth name, Grace Rosine GASTON, born on 28 JUN 1915 to George GASTON of Pittsfield, MI who was a farmer by occupation and Martha KRUMREI also of Pittsfield, no occupation listed. Her birth is recorded as legitimate, so I'm assuming that George and Martha were married prior to 28 JUN 1915.

I do not know if George died between 28 JUN 1915 and 13 MAR 1917 or if he simply divorced Martha.

Martha married Mr. DAVIS prior to 13 MAR 1917, because she had a few more children that he fathered. On 13 MAR 1917, Grace Rosine GASTON was baptised in the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church witnessed by Martha DAVIS and J.H. DAVIS and her name was changed on the Certificated of Baptism to Erma Rosi, which eventually became Rose Erma prior to her marriage to my grandfather Charles MOORE.

Now I am trying to find out the ancestry for the GASTON family. Does this history sound familiar to anyone on this message board? WHO is this George GASTON and WHERE does his family come from?

Hope to hear from someone who knows! :^P

Rose-Marie Brannigan

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions