Search for content in message boards

Sophia Gault m. to David Irvine

Replies: 3

Sophia Gault m. to David Irvine

Posted: 11 May 2011 12:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gault, Irvine
I am a descendant of Sophia Gault (b1650) who married David Irvine. I have extensive info on the two in many books and all say that Sophia was "descended from nobility of Scotland and the Shaws who built Ballygally castle in 1625". It does not elaborate on her parents names or which Shaws. Ballygally Castle was built by James and Isobel Shaw in 1625 and if she is a relative of theirs it shouldnt be too far off considering they all lived in somewhat the same time period. I cannot figure out the connection. If she is a direct descendant of James Shaw who built Ballygally he would have to be her grandfather in order for her last name to be Gault. Or they may just be relatives descended from a common ancestor, the books only says "descended from the Shaws, who built Ballygally Castle on the shore of Larne in 1625". It seems her mother should be a Shaw, and if you look up the info on James and Isobel Shaw, the rumor is they had a daughter although her name isnt mentioned. I dont know if anyone else possibly has some insight or Im just hoping from someone who shares my same frustration!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Leah Smith 11 May 2011 6:49PM GMT 
Irvin_Family 5 Apr 2012 1:55PM GMT 
sonnets14 3 Jul 2012 7:10AM GMT 
sonnets14 3 Jul 2012 7:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions