Search for content in message boards

I'm looking for Robert Gay

Replies: 1

I'm looking for Robert Gay

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 3:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gay, Van Atta, Kronk
I'm looking for my uncle Robert Gay, born 1930. He is the younger brother of my father Allan Francis Gay, U.S. Army deceased and their older sister Gloria Gay Van Atta also deceased.

My father Allan died in Heidelberg Germany in 1960 while on active duty. I lost touch with my uncle in 1962. Their parents were John Gay (b. Switzerland) and Freida Kronk Gay (b. Wisconsin). Grandfather John worked for the IRS since its inception as a revenuer and when he retired the family left St. Paul and moved to Arkansas where he had purchased a farm in the mid-30s during the Great Depression.

Grandma Freida, although a good German Lutheran, had a much older sister who converted to Catholicism and became a Mother Superior of a big, red brick convent in Chicago close to downtown. Their great grandfather back about seven generations had a land deed from Louis XVI that was reissued by Napoleon. It included all of the land where St. Paul now exists. One of his grandchildren moved from St. Paul in the 1820s and established a dairy farm in Wisconsin.

My first cousins and Robert's nieces and nephews include Jane, Thomas, Royal, and Robert Van Atta, children of my aunt Gloria and her husband Anthony Van Atta. I have lost touch with the Van Atta cousins.

Robert Gay served in the U.S. Army as a Ranger and presumably retired. He had two children John and Soskia Gay that I know of. Robert divorced his first wife and returned to Viet Nam were he had been a Ranger army trainer, and married a Vietnamese woman name unknown.

My mother took his first wife's side and told Robert she never wanted to see him again. ~sigh. Mom was very stubborn and old school and he never came to visit again. My mother passed a few years ago, and if Robert is still alive I would like to become reacquainted. If you know anything about him please let me know. - Terrence Hannibal Gay
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Hannibal_DK 27 Oct 2008 9:18AM GMT 
michaelnappo1 21 Oct 2012 12:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic