Search for content in message boards

John Joseph Gay (1866-1899)

Replies: 1

Re: John Joseph Gay (1866-1899)

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 4:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Pete. I am sure I am wasting your time, and I apologise. But My Paternal Uncle was called John Joseph Gay (1920 - 2003) ( I have his ashes here on the filing cabinet next to my computer; sorry if that sounds macabre, but we have never been quite sure what to do with him; He himself told me "whatever you want, I dont care!" when he was alive. So he still sits here until we finally decide what to do with him! )
What made me want to write was the fact that I suffered from meningitis as a child ( and survived! ) (Obviously!) and I was for 25 years a librarian. Also, John's Father (my Grandfather) worked for Bata's the shoe manufacturer. These facts seemed to be strangely echoed in your posting. I believe that my family (the Gay's) (Blake is an adopted name) came from Brittany and Cornwall, so are probably not the Irish family you are connected to. But another branch of my family (The Gunning's) do come from Ireland. I do realise that the past is a very mixed up place and all this is probably no more that coincidence. All the best. Francis Blake (Gay/Gunning)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pete13701 12 Jun 2009 9:45AM GMT 
francis_blake 4 Jul 2012 10:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic