Search for content in message boards

Gifford Decendents of William "Mack" Gifford and woman named Inez/Ines

Replies: 1

Re: Gifford Decendents of William "Mack" Gifford and woman named Inez/Ines

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 8:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Mary,

I am back on the Woosters and am currently on Mack Gifford. On the 1930 federal census, they were in Maountain, McCurtain, Oklahoma and had six children: Margaret W. "Willie", Josephine "Jewell", Velma Lee, Marvin E., Lorraine E. and Melvin E. Both of the sons were in World War II.
It appears that Mack Gifford died sometime between the 1930 federal census and October 8, 1934 when Inez married Oscar Worthy. He died before the 1940 federal census when she was living as a widow with her two sons. She later married on July 22, 1949 to Colbert W. Overturf who was born August 29, 1889 and died June 21, 1960 in Idabel, McCurtain, Oklahoma. I found her tombstone under Findagrave in Oregon under the name of Inez Gifford Overturf, born January 1895 and died December 18, 1973, Marion, Oregon. I wonder if one of her children might have moved to Oregon, otherwise why was she there so far from Oklahoma.

Cousin Lyla Dove
lylatov@verizon.net

P.S. Remember I'm from the oldest sibling in the Woosters, Wealthy who married Benjamin Craig and your Miles R. Wooster was one of the youngest children.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MaryBirge46 20 Jan 2005 9:14PM GMT 
jeannetteyost 16 Jan 2013 3:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions