Search for content in message boards

Glovers of NY

Replies: 33

Gen. John Glover

Posted: 3 Nov 2000 7:56AM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2003 9:53AM GMT
Many thanks for sending your info to me. I'm on a crusade to find out how I'm related to General Glover. Been told by my grandmother whom I spent time with in Duxbury Ma. during the summer that we were related to him. I grew up in Quincy Ma. I have always felt a little special being related to the General but the problem is....I can't find out how I am related to him. All of the info. I have is Gen. Glover's generations leading up to his birth. I need the information from his birth, leadaing up to the mid 1800's. My great grandfather was Nathaniel Glover, a dentist in Boston, born 1826 died 1877. I can't seem to trace his descendents back.

There is another person that contacted me whose Glover relatives are in NY and I will look her up and tell her about your note. Maybe you are of the same Glover line as she is and for all I know, I may be too.
It won't be for a few days as the weekend is here and I believe she does her on line ancestry at work. I would very much like your email address and I'll get back to you when I have some news.
This is all so interesting to me and I'm quite excited. I am a retired nurse, living in Florida. I have a cottage in NH and I'm already planning on going to Marblehead and Salem next summer and spend time researcing General Glover. His home is there still and he is buried there.
Fact is, if I can figure out how to do it.. I might just try and get a Glover family reunion started. I figure to make a time and do a picnic lunch in a park in Marblehead.
I am wondering how you knew I was looking for Glovers. I don't think I posted anything in this FamilyHistory.com. I've been in Ancestry.com and Geneforum. I am glad you answered me and who knows where Florence Louise Glover will lead.
Have you been looking at all the messages in these different research programs? Seems to me I've seen a Florence Glover posted somewhere.

Hope you will keep in touch and send me your email address and I'd like to know the area you live in. I am hoping to eventually talk to one of his ancesters that still live in Marblehead or Salem. Marblehead has a website and I'm going to check into putting a notice in their newspapter.
As I said I grew up in Quincy Ma. married and moved to Keene NH where I raised three boys and then we came down to the Melbourne area in Fl. Couldn't take those winters any longer. My husband worked in place that did a lot of work for the space program and I was a nurse for a doctor specializing in heart problems. Not a surgeon though.
Thanks for your info. I'll get back to you, hopefully in a few days.
~Martha L, Glover Watson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
natahada1 3 Nov 2000 12:20PM GMT 
@@VALKARIA36@... 3 Nov 2000 2:56PM GMT 
natahada1 3 Nov 2000 4:06PM GMT 
Nancy 9 Jun 2000 6:54PM GMT 
bettyjh1 7 Jan 2013 10:51PM GMT 
Charles Dennis Barnard 23 Aug 2000 3:27PM GMT 
Carol Glover 12 Mar 2000 9:48PM GMT 
Carol Glover Flanders 13 Mar 2000 12:15AM GMT 
pam 18 Mar 2000 7:34PM GMT 
jennifergibso... 12 Apr 2010 5:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions