Search for content in message boards

The GOVE Family

Replies: 9

The GOVE Family

Posted: 19 Apr 2008 11:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gove, Westover
I am looking for my ancestry and what I know is that my family of Gove departed from Plymouth (cannot find my aunt's letter at the present time with reference to date) and they lived before that in the area of Devon and before that in Scotland but I believe some years before. My father who was 36 years older than my mother always said that anyone named Gove was a relative, even when we ran into a mechanic in Seattle Washington who was black which astounded my poor father but only to find out that he had taken on his master's name.
My father was born in 1883 in Thedford, Ontario and came from a long line of educators with money of sorts. My great-aunt Martha, a spinster, had a life-long servant and a great deal of money and lived in London, Ontario before she passed in the 1960's leaving all of her descendants an inheritance. The Gove family that I come from had a strong belief in social standing which my father rebelled against but reluctantly returned to in his way of thinking when his youngest daughter, myself, went about in the world.
I had an Uncle George Gove from Orlando, Florida, an Uncle Bert (Albert) Gove from Seattle, Washington, Aunt Estella (nee Gove) Westover from Toronto, Ontario, and an Aunt Gertrude Gove from Toronto, Ontario. I seem to recall another brother of my father's named Will Gove but he was older and deceased by the time of my arrival.
My father's name was Ralph Spencer Gove, born March 10, 1883.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone with any relation you can make to my family members in this story.
Sincerely,
TMGove

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tmgove 19 Apr 2008 5:44PM GMT 
aprildevon1 23 Aug 2008 10:51AM GMT 
tmgove 28 Aug 2008 3:46AM GMT 
aprildevon1 28 Aug 2008 7:45AM GMT 
rgove11 7 Jan 2009 4:29AM GMT 
aprildevon1 1 Apr 2010 7:48PM GMT 
randallgove 9 Feb 2012 9:10AM GMT 
rgove11 7 Jan 2009 4:30AM GMT 
rgove11 7 Jan 2009 8:10AM GMT 
rgove11 7 Jan 2009 4:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions