Search for content in message boards

Alexander Grant

Replies: 8

Re: Grant Family

Posted: 1 Jul 2014 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grant, Smith, Littlefield, Bunch, Clark, Hunnicutt, Hallmark
I am a descendant of Humphrey Beauregard Grant and Elizabeth Bryant. I recently obtained the huge Family History of Humphrey, entitled Descendants of Humphrey Grant of Virginia and South Carolina, by Mrs. Kate Kent Lamothe, through a 4th cousin, Dr Warren Grant, Bryan, Texas.

Some parts of the book: Humphrey Grant was born about 1770 Virginia and died Bef 1850, Hall County, Georgia. He married Elizabeth Bryant.

Humphrey & Elizabeth are in the 1790 census for the old 96th district of S.C. They were in Union District, S.C., during the 1800, 1820 and 1830 censuses. He is listed as a farmer, owning land on McClure`s Creek in Union County,S.C. They sold the farm and migrated to Hall County, Georgia before 1840. They appear to be living with their son John at the time of the 1840 Hall County census. He was supposedly a Methodist preacher but no records found to confirm. No record found of either Humphrey or Elizabeth in the 1850 Hall County census. Humphrey is buried on the old Grant farm in Hall County, Georgia.

I descend from his son, James "Buck" Grant, Birth, 1790, in Old 96th District, South Carolina USA and Death 3 Jun 1873, in Hall, Georgia. Sp: Sarah Hazelwood. James and Sarah are buried in the Cool Springs Baptist Church Cemetary, Gainesville, Hall, GA. James and Sarah had William Grant 1818-1880, John B. Grant 1820-1891 (My Connection), Radford Grant 1823-1870 and Thomas H. Grant 1832-1880.

My great grandmother Sarah Ann Grant born March 23, 1862, Old Grant Farm, Hall, Ga, was the daughter of John B. Grant and Lavinia (Smith)Grant. She married Abram White, February 28, 1880, Hall County, Georgia. John B Grant and his first wife, Lavinia Smith Grant were buried on the Old Grant Farm. Some of the graves were removed prior to the implementation of the Sidney Lanier Lake, in Hall County. Just so happened recently, that a Gainesville resident got in touch with my cousin Dr. Warren Grant, that believed that John B Grant and Lavinia Smith Grant were buried on his property. Warren Grant's grandfather, James Isaac Grant is my great grandmother's brother.

Another Grant Family History Book, that Warren Grant put together talks about his grandfather, James Isaac Grant and his father, John B. Grant, mother, Lavinia Smith, and life back there. After John passed in 1891, James Isaac Grant migrated to Hill County, Texas. Sarah Ann Grant came second with her husband, Abram White, along with another sibling, Meziah Elizabeth Grant and her husband, William Anderson Clark from Hall County, Georgia.

Recently I assisted Warren with another Grant Family History Book, "Another Look", his first book, Grant - Bunch Family History. The second book includes James Isaac Grant and Annie Luvinia Bunch Family, Sarah Ann Grant and Abraham Greenberry "Abram" White Family,
Meziah Elizabeth Grant and William Anderson Clark Family.

If you would like more info, you may contact me at whitmar@live.com.

Sharon (sharonmarshall81)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bsylys33 2 Mar 2001 10:54AM GMT 
Bill Grant 29 Mar 2001 7:27AM GMT 
Bsylys33 29 Mar 2001 9:28AM GMT 
janmack2 23 Jun 2003 7:55AM GMT 
kuda931 12 May 2001 11:18AM GMT 
Bill Grant 14 May 2001 7:10AM GMT 
kuda931 14 May 2001 7:21AM GMT 
P Grant 5 Jun 2002 8:05PM GMT 
Sharonmarshal... 1 Jul 2014 8:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions