Search for content in message boards

Greer, Paschal, Cloud

Replies: 3

Re: Greer, Paschal, Cloud

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 5:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Greer Moseby
I recently updated some info on the Pascal Greer end on my tree, including a photo of his gravemarker. Dennis Greer is not actually the son of Minnie, he is the son of one of the sisters. I've recently spoken with one of my uncles and got a few tidbits there. Will be doing more sleuthing soon.

I asked my uncle about Claude (your Cloud, and my uncle's grandfather). He was pretty sure that his name was spelled Claude (hence the middle name of his son). He also said that Claude was a horse trader, and likely also a horse trainer, as he traveled with a circus when he was younger (and possibly when the kids were really young, that was unclear). Claude was also a gambler. The story goes that he was playing cards and drinking with his brothers and the game got really intense. They all wen't "all in", and Claude ended up taking everyone's money - and their horses. Minnie was quite upset by this, because she enjoyed being friends with the wives of the losers in the game, and made Claude give everything back.

My uncle also said that the Moseby's owned a horse-related business in or around the Morgan Hill/Gilroy area in California. He was told they were "cousins". He remembers playing with the horses when he was young (this would have been in the 1940's-1950's).

Family stories - gotta love them!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
fhc_mary 3 Oct 2007 6:01AM GMT 
gennydill 11 Oct 2012 3:55AM GMT 
gennydill 7 Nov 2012 12:20AM GMT 
DorothyOverst... 31 Jul 2013 3:47AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions