Search for content in message boards

Gross Family Reunion (SE Kentucky)

Replies: 3

Re: Gross Family Reunion (SE Kentucky)

Posted: 7 Oct 2013 10:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Not too much, Jerry. He says his father, Robert Calvin Gross, Sr., came from Harlan County, KY. He showed up in Philadelphia, married Helen Meyers who already had two daughters. They had one daughter named Katherine. Then Robert Sr. brought home Robert Jr. who is not Katherine's child. Robert Sr. never did tell Robert Jr. who his mother was.

Robert Sr. and Helen Meyers are both deceased in the Philadelphia area.

Robert Jr. married and divorced three times and had one child. He is a recovered alcoholic, paranoid schizophrenic with significant dementia. He does not know where his sister or step-sisters are. He is estranged from all his family, divorced from his wives, can't remember where or when he married or divorced. His estranged daughter tells me that his birth certificate says he was born in Philadelphia but that is about all she knows or wishes to discuss relative to her father. One of his former girlfriends says she thinks his mother was a Philadelphia street person.

I located on Ancestry.com a birth of Robert Calvin Gross on March 22, 1915 to Mary Steel in Knox County, KY. Robert Jr. says his father's birthday was in March. That is as far as I can get.

Sorry that I don't have much. It would be nice to know something about his father's side of the family as he will never know anything about his mother or her family.

Thanks - Wanda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jerry Taylor 13 Jul 2012 1:27PM GMT 
WANDANEWBOLT 4 Oct 2013 7:39PM GMT 
Jerry Taylor 5 Oct 2013 9:19PM GMT 
WANDANEWBOLT 7 Oct 2013 4:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions