Search for content in message boards

Unusual documented Gross marriages

Replies: 3

Re: Unusual documented Gross marriages

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sorry I didn't see your post until today. If you've been reserching the Wendel Gross family,have you seen his will? In it he names as one of his daughters Anna Eva. Eva Gross(1777-1858) married Frederick Stough(1774-1834) of Dover, PA. I supect but have been unable to prove Eva's sister Catharine, also named in Wendel's will, married Frederick Stough's older brother Johannes Stough. Johannes and Catharine Stough had sons, John and Peter, both born in 1800 and both married women named Elizabeth Gross. Each had large families, and are ancestors of many Stough's living today, but were these men twins? Their tombstone and Strayer's church death records say not. If not, were they raised in the Johannes/Catharine Stough family as adopted children? There isn't any baptism records that I have found for John or Peter Stough.
I may be able to help in your Stough research. Which Stough branch are your ancestors linked?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jay Stouch 20 May 2000 6:02PM GMT 
LLHuffaker 25 Oct 2012 2:55PM GMT 
Stouch59348 12 Dec 2012 12:38AM GMT 
LLHuffaker 14 Dec 2012 12:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions