Search for content in message boards

Gue and Grffin Westchester to Greene Co.

Replies: 0

Gue and Grffin Westchester to Greene Co.

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Sarah Budd (I think her maiden name was) married John Gue in Westhcester. John died and Sarah remarried. She married 3rd, after the 2nd husband died, Jonathan Griffin who was b. 1708 in Scarsdale. source: NY Geneal. and Biog. Record, Jan. 2004. Guiou/Gue Family in NY, pg. 40, 41. Thanks to E. K. for finding this for me. Jonathan Griffin mentions Sarah and her 2 sons, in his will in 1784. One of these sons was Joseph Gru who m. PAtience Horton of White Plains. Patience, the widow was later up in Coxsackie, Greene Co., altho ancestry.com interprets the name as Petrone Gue and the Greene Co genealo.. site calls it Patimer. Th writing is bad. There is also a John Gru in New Baltimore, Greene Co, in 1820. I am looking for information about Sarah's other husband and/or Sarah's sons. I have a Jonathan Griffin who seems to have sprung from the earth in 1819 in Greene Co. He later lived in Harpersfield, Ny and Meriden, CT. I have found no connection to any Griffin or Griffen. Family history gives the impression there is a Westhceste connection, since my grandmother, and grandchild of Jonathan, moved back to Westchester. Now I wonder if the G on our old silverware was for Gue and not Griffin? I'm pretty excited about this. It could be a new place for me to search.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions