Search for content in message boards

Thomas Guest - NY - 1770's

Replies: 14

Re: Thomas Guest - NY - 1770's

Posted: 2 Jul 2011 12:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Audrey,
I am not sure of a connection with this Thomas Guest, but have earmarked him & his family for future research,. I have assumed he might be related to Henry Guest, Jr., a long time citizen of Albany, who moved to Albany from New Brunswick, NJ in the very early 1800's. His father was Henry Guest of News Brunswick, a tanner & very active citizen. His house still stands in New Brunswick. He was the son of John Guest of Bergen County & later New Brunswick. My direct ancestors came from Morris County, NJ and we are linked directly to John Guest of Bergen County and Henry Guest of New Brunswick through DNA testing (FamilyTreeDna). Th exact relationship is not known. My primary interest in said Thomas Guest of Albany is to determine if there are any male descendants with the surname Guest, who might be a prime candidate for the Gest/Guest dna project. I am also obviously interested in making some kind of connection to Thomas Guest, if feasible.
Although my last name is spelled Gest, it was once Guest. My ancestor Reuben Guest changed it around 1785-1800 for unknown reasons, but possibly becasue his mother Abigail
Guest was convicted of aiding a loyalist in 1780. I hope this answers your question. Neil
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pippa4me 7 Jul 2011 4:46AM GMT 
njancestors 2 Jul 2011 6:15PM GMT 
Woollcott1 10 Aug 2012 2:10AM GMT 
njancestors 10 Aug 2012 5:43PM GMT 
Pippa4me 13 Aug 2012 5:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions