Search for content in message boards

Guinan's of Grange, Offaly (7 Brothers)

Replies: 22

Re: Guinan's of Grange, Offaly (7 Brothers)

Posted: 3 Aug 2010 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2011 11:00AM GMT
Surnames: Guinan,
Keith,

Hello and welcome! I was just in Clareen over the weekend, and I believe that I saw the flowers that you left. My mother, James Guinan's daughter (James was your grandfather's brother) also visited the week prior. If I'd have know that you were around, it would have been nice to meet. I live in the Washington DC area and was in Dublin on business for the entire week.

Kieran Guinan, Joe Guinan's son (Joe was also your grandfather's brother) still lives in Clareen at the main crossroads. I met him on a previoius trip in March. We walked to the grave yard after dinner on Saturday and he commented on the flowers and that they hadn't been there when my mother visited. You and I must have just missed each other.

Kieran is a wonderful man. When he learned that my mother would be visiting, he arranged with the current owner of the Grange to plant a tree in honor of James Guinan. My mother helped with the planting. He also arranged for a memorial mass for James in the local church. I think it nice that he thought to honor him in his own home parish.

Please keep in touch. It would be nice to exchange history.

Theresa
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Theresa Coetz... 3 Aug 2010 7:57PM GMT 
julzredstarr 12 Aug 2010 4:31PM GMT 
martinguinan1 21 Aug 2010 7:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions