Farrell - Guinan Endrim, Offaly

Replies: 0

Farrell - Guinan Endrim, Offaly

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 7:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2012 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: egan farrell guinan bennitt
Hello All,

I've just verified a find and thought I'd put some info out here in case anyone else might recognize any names and would like to compare notes.

My grandmother was Mary Egan, born in Creggan (near Ferbane) Offaly in 1892. Her parents were John Egan and Maria (Mary) Farrell.

My grandmother eventually emigrated to NYC and lived with her uncle James Farrell here. I've just found James' death certificate, and along with my Egan/Farrell great-grandparent's marriage certificate it looks like Mary Farrell's parents were Joseph Farrell and Margaret (Mary) Guinan.

For the record, the witnesses on the Egan/Farrell marriage were Thomas Bennitt and Bridget Guinan.

At this point in my research I believe there were 5 children of Joseph Farrell & Margaret Guinan:
Patrick Edward (Goes to Indiana)
Jeremiah
Roseanna (Married: Tony Conroy)
James (To NYC)
Kieran
Maria (Married: John Egan)

Would love to compare notes with anyone who might be researching these families - I have not gotten too far with the Farrells and have nothing on the Guinans as of yet.

Regards,
.JT.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions