Search for content in message boards

parents of Robert HAFER

Replies: 4

Re: parents of Robert HAFER

Kay Neubauer (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2003 8:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Lori,
Oh man, I hope we can visit before your reunion. I have found out more info on my Hafer family since we corresponded last. George Washington Hafer was born in Reading, penn on Sept. 17,1835. He married Eliza Meade in Springfield, Ill. on May 30, 1865. Their first children were born in Hoopole, Ill. By 1877 they had moved on to Shenandoah, Iowa.

I now know, that Goerge Hafer had just one surviving sibling, Mary Ann Hafer. She married Michael Vetter, and stayed in the Hoopole area. George and Mary Ann's mother and father, John Hafer and Anna Hafer, came to Ill with them. Also did Anna's mother Catherine Collins. I finally found their gravesites. Anna and John Hafer and Anna's mother Catherine Collins, are buried in the Hoopole cemetery. So is Mary Ann Hafer Vetter. We believe that John Hafer is the son of George Hafer and Dianah Ann Weiser-Hafer. George was born 1779 in Alsace Twp. , Berks, Pa. His father was Matthias Hafer and mother Julianna Schmid-Hafer. Matthias was born in Germany in 1738, arrived in Pa in 1772. Gary Hafer, in Washington state, has a website with the Matthias Hafer clan listed. I think that Robert Hafer's family didn't emigrate as early as my line, but they lived so close, I am willing to bet, it is clan.
I have heard that our family lived near the Rhine river, in Alscace, Germany. Later Kay
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lori 5 Dec 2002 3:33AM GMT 
kay neubauer 19 Jun 2003 1:52AM GMT 
Lori 25 Jun 2003 1:30AM GMT 
Kay Neubauer 25 Jun 2003 2:45AM GMT 
SharonKleinst... 20 Jul 2008 1:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions