Search for content in message boards

David Haga of Grayson County VA

Replies: 1

David Haga of Grayson County VA

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 5:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: haga, hagi, hagey
Looking for help on clarification of the HAGA line of South west VA. I have been under the common assumtion for some time that David was the decendant of the Hagi/Hagey line that migrated through Rowan County N.C. from Lancaster PA - originally from The Pfalz refion of Germany/Switzerland, but I am no longer sure of that. I do beleive there to be a connection; however, I cannot prove that he is the decendant of George Hagey. Census Data refutiates likelihood that David Haga of Grayson VA is the same David Haga found in Rowan/Davidson Co NC. Oral tradition from my Haga side of the family(although I cannot remember it all) implies that he was born in Northern Virgina and is related to Godfrey Haga of Philadelphia (not directly - likely the son of a nephew of Godfrey) but is no more certain than the other assumtion. I would live to interact with someone whose iterest is to simply determine the facts. If he is indeed a decendant of the Hagi family that migrated on the Dragon, this gives me the green light to dig for facts in Europe as I live in Germany, not far from Zurich and Elsenz.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
k9throck 15 Oct 2012 11:28AM GMT 
jenniferw207 15 Nov 2012 6:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions