Haig, Melvin

Replies: 0

Haig, Melvin

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Oct 2012 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: HAIG
Looking for Melvin HAIG/HAG/HAGGE, who was born around
1884 in VERNON CO. WI. No name for parents or siblings given. He married in WI and had some children there before
they moved to Dickey? Co. NC. That's where his son Raymond was born about 1918. I don't remember the other childrens names but I know there was the older sister Myrtle who married a BURCHETT/BURCKETTE, possibly in VERNON between
1920 and 1930.
There was a son calle Arthur. There were a few more children born after Ray in ND.
They were in Chicago, COOK, ILLINOIS in 1930, where
Melvin was a :BOOKING AGENT, show business
Myrtles was a : ACTRESS, theatre, another sister was a
_______? HAIG: CHORUS GIRL: show business.
Raymond had some connection to a night-club there with a name that had THUNDER in it, possibly THUNDER CLOUD/ or
THUNDERHEAD.
I don't know what happened to Melvin and his wife, who was also born in WI, or any of their other children, but
Raymond married Ruth COOK sometime in the early 1940's and had Gary Raymond, and Kathleen(1947) and later had
Norman Wayne (appx 1952)in SEMINOLE CO. FLORIDA
Raymond opened another night-club in Fern Park, SEMINOLE CO. when they moved there around 1948.
Ray and Ruth divorced and I believe he moved back to Chicago shortly after Normans birth.
Does anyone know of this family, who his parents and siblings were, and where they ended up?
His son Gary died about years ago, Kathleen lives in TN, and Norman is still in Florida with his sons.
Gary had 2 children, Erik and daughter, Kathleen had
Gary Wayne, William, and Catherine.
I'd also like to know Melvin's wifes maiden name. I'm guessing they married between 1900 and 1910, in WI.
GINNY at vmartinez5946@aol.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions