Search for content in message boards

Francis Marion Hale's son "Jehu" - Indian in Blackwater, Franklin County, Virginia?

Replies: 6

Re: Francis Marion Hale's son "Jehu" - Indian in Blackwater, Franklin County, Virginia?

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hale, Willis, Wade, Quarles
Hi there, Somerset. I took a look at your tree and see we many of the same Hale's up. I have since found that there were two or three Hale families in Franklin County and that some of the Hales in each of these families claimed partial Native ancestry before they moved to West Virginia in the late 1800s.

I have also found out that I am likely descended more from the John Hale of Bent mountain 1706 or a William Hale who had been descended from the Hales of New England intermarried with the Quarles family and had a lot of Native American descendants who moved westward early.

Finally, there was the family in Franklin County that was in part descended from the Lephews/Leffew, Martins and Quigleys some of whom were Indian and/or Melungeon in ancestry. The problem has been that many people have these families which were not originally related heavily intertwined on their trees because some of them were even intermarried with the same families in the same counties.

My Hales also claimed to have had a connection with Nathan Hale, the Revolutionary's family in Connecticut. I have heard from other descendants of Native American Hale's that same story.

You can contact me direct if you'd like. I'd like to hear about which of your Hale's claimed Native American ancestry that were from Bluefield.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
zoealegra123 10 May 2010 6:07PM GMT 
Christie_Lill... 15 Oct 2011 10:36PM GMT 
zoealegra123 16 Oct 2011 5:04PM GMT 
somersetsquaw 17 Mar 2013 7:44PM GMT 
zoealegra123 17 Mar 2013 8:06PM GMT 
zoealegra123 17 Mar 2013 9:25PM GMT 
somersetsquaw 17 Mar 2013 10:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions