Search for content in message boards

Haley's in Bourbon, Pendleton and Harrison Counties Ky

Replies: 70

Re: Haley's in Bourbon, Pendleton and Harrison Counties Ky

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 7:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi my name is Joyce Haley-Davidson and if I am right my grandfather Morton Haley and your grandmother Dorthia was his sister and they were the children of James and Cordelia Haley, our ggrandparents. You were asking about Mary E Haley Porter, I believe you are taking about our gggrandmother Mary Elizabeth Porter Haley who was married to our gggrandfatherJoseph Haley-Sowder. Back in the early 1800's our ggggrandfather Absolum Haley lived with a woman named Elizabeth {Betsy] Sowder, they never married, but they had four sons, George Washington, Joseph, Lewis and William Henry. George took Haley his father's last name as did Lewis. Joseph and William took their mothers last name Sowder. Joseph was the father of James F Haley, when he lived in Kentucky James went by the last name of Sowder, but when they moved to Indiana he had the family use the Haley name. He married Cordelia Haley,in Kentucky,who was the daughter of George which made them first cousins. I have been to Pendleton, Bourbon and Harrison Counties twice and am going back this week to look some more and to meet a Sowder cousin who is going to take me to the gravesite of Joseph and Mary. I am hoping to find more information on Absolum our gggrandfather and on Marsh Haley our gggggrandfather who is supposed to have lived in a place called Shawhan Station in the 1800's and quite possibly died there, so I am going there. Marc are you related to the Rigby's in Greensburg? My father was Loren Haley, he was the oldest child of Morton and Carrie Lawrence Haley. I don't know if I am making any sense, but if I can help you I am more than willing to help. My email address is joyce.davidson@hotmail.com please feel free to contact me anytime. Hope to hear from you soon.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joyce3152 19 Sep 2010 1:53AM GMT 
amyberight 5 Jul 2012 7:11PM GMT 
Joyce3152 5 Jul 2012 9:48PM GMT 
marcrigby36 17 Jul 2012 7:59PM GMT 
Joyce3152 18 Jul 2012 1:01AM GMT 
marcrigby36 18 Jul 2012 2:30AM GMT 
Joyce3152 18 Jul 2012 4:27AM GMT 
marcrigby36 18 Jul 2012 4:37AM GMT 
SandySimpson7... 18 Jul 2012 1:02PM GMT 
marcrigby36 18 Jul 2012 2:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions