Search for content in message boards

HALFHILL, BARRETT, ATHA, ROTHGEB

Replies: 14

Re: Jefferson Harold Halfhill

Posted: 12 May 2009 6:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Halfhill
Elza is my great-grandfather. On Elza's death certificate they list his parents as Jefferson Harold and Elizabeth Barrett Halfhill. I'm showing Thomas Jefferson's birthdate as 1825 and Jefferson Harold's birthdate as 1829; both were born in Cheshire, Gallia County, Ohio. I really think they are 2 different people. Also, I pretty sure Elza was a twin; but, was his twin Elmer or Eleanor? I've found some documentation that Eleanor was his twin sister.
I would really love for Thomas Jefferson to be my great-great grandfather; and be able to claim Joshua and Jacob, Dewalt Jr. and Senior as my direct line ancestors. But, I have this nagging suspicion that Jefferson Harold is my great-great grandfather. Only, I haven't been able to find his parentage and only one or two references to him in census track data and other documents.
What do you think of a Halfhill Reunion in Gallia Co. on Sept. 8-10, 2010? Wilma Thaxton and Nancy Rupp and others are looking forward to it.

Your cousin,

Dennis Halfhill
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DennisHaroldH... 13 May 2009 12:07AM GMT 
Pat_Roades 13 May 2009 12:30AM GMT 
DennisHaroldH... 13 May 2009 9:51AM GMT 
Pat_Roades 13 May 2009 3:59PM GMT 
DennisHaroldH... 12 May 2009 12:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions