Gallia Co, Ohio
Vol 1 pg 184 8 December 1858
Jacob Halifhill's Will
witness-- Martin Rup one of the witnesses residing in Meigs Co, O. deposition of Martin Rup 13 Jan. 1859
1. Were you personally acquainted with Jacob Halfhill, late
of Gallia Co? YES
2. Were you present and with him durig his last sickness?
3. Did he (Jacob Halfhill) make a will during his last
4. Is this his will attest to this commys? YES
5. Did you sign to the witness with so attached geuine and
in your own handwriting? YES
6. Was Jacob Halfhill of sound mind and memory at the time
of your hand witness? YES
7. Was he of full age at the time wrtten? YES
6. Was he under and restraint? NO
9. Could Jacob Halfhill write his name? I don't know. He complained of a defect in his shoulder and asked Lewis Titus to write his name to the will
10. Did Lewis Titus write Jacob Halfhill's name to the will at his request? YES
11. Did you know the contents of said will at the time you subscribed your name? YES, I DID SIR
12. Were any of Jacob Halfhill's children present at the making of the said will? ALL OF THEM
WILL: dated 30 May 1843
I, Jacob Halfhill, of Gallia County, to my son Jacob Halfhill to support myself and my wife Elizabeth and my daughter Lydia in comfort and pays all just debts and is to support the above named persons in their lifetime, I give him all my undivided share of land, owned with my son Jacob, all personal property of every description.
If he does not support us in comfort, he is not to have the above property and it is to be applied to our support and after our deaths if there is any left he is to have it.
The case where Amasa Vanglider asks to sell some pf the property is in Gallia County, Ohio Civil Journal 2 pg 26.
Although I am not directly connected to this family, I have two of his children, Jacob who married Julian Darst and Hannah who married Martin Rupe, Jr, in different family lines of mine.
I appricate the clearing up of the two Barbara's. It had me going in circles.
Well, I hope this helps.