Search for content in message boards

Alvin Miller Halladay dob 1830

Replies: 2

Alvin Miller Halladay dob 1830

Posted: 3 Jan 2010 7:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Halladay
Hello to all researchers of the Halladay Family,

I am hoping one of you can help me. I am looking for info on Alvin Miller Halladay (son of Alvin Taylor Halladay) from Bastard Twp. Ontario Canada, dob 1829 – 1835. (My line goes from Alvin miller to Alvin M. to Eugene to Elmer E. to Charles to me.)

My records indicate and have been verified by various records rec’d on line that he was married 5 times.

The first recording I have is to Nancy C. in 1861 Ontario census. They were living with Alvin Taylor's family and a son Luthera age 1. In 1861 he would have been 30 years old and I think should have had more children. I am assuming the marriage may have been somewhere between 1848 and 1859. But in 1859 I have he married Mary, but no verification. Nancy does have a death record in 1872 which states she was married to Alvin.

The second, which I have no verification is to Mary Primrose Struthers marriage date 1859. Mary was with Alvin and the children in 1870 but Mary was living with two sons and one daughter in 1880 in Michigan. No Alvin and it stated she had had 7 pregnancies and 3 living children. I have more than seven listed and some with births earlier than the 1859 date of their marriage. So this leads me to believe he was married to Nancy before the 1859 date and Mary and him had the children.

The third is to Sarah Brown about 1873. I have no verification on this marriage either. Sarah was living with brother in 1901 in Ontario, still saying she was married.

The fourth to Urania Tanner in 1890 in Michigan. His age was 60, states occupation as physician. Son of Alvin Taylor.

The fifth to Hannah Sealey Champman in 1899 in Michigan. States his age was 69 and he was son of Alvin Taylor.

I have two questions:

1. Was Nancy C. and Mary one and the same person? Nancy died in 1872 and it would make sense that he married Sarah in 1873 to take care of the children. But if Nancy and Mary are not the same person, where did Nancy go and when did Alvin and Mary get married and why did they have the children?

2. Does anyone know where he is buried, or where or when he may have died? He was with Hannah in 1900 Michigan census.

So if anyone has any info or can steer me in a direction, please do so. Thank you.

Shelene Halladay
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shelene_1 4 Jan 2010 2:50AM GMT 
LibbyCoonHens... 9 Feb 2010 12:37AM GMT 
nanjohns2 15 Jun 2011 2:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions