Hallers in Chicago from Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany

Replies: 0

Hallers in Chicago from Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 12:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2013 8:15AM GMT
Surnames: haller fiedler arke gemkow swiencicki swaney kunesh dziadzio bogner
Update: 8/30/13

Michael was Moritz's and John's uncle. Moritz and John were sons of Anna Margaretha Haller from Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany.

Anna and Michael were the children of Bartholomew Haller and Katharina Bogner.

If anyone has any information regarding any of the above, please let me know!

Thanks,
Jen

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for information on my Chicago Haller ancestors...my great-great-grandfather Moritz Haller (1854-1901) arrived in Chicago from Germany in 1882. He was married to Anna Fiedler and had seven children - Joseph, John (both born in Germany), Louis (married Pauline Arke), Emma (married Rudy Gemkow), Lillian (married George Swiencicki/Swaney), Maurice (married Emily Kunesh), and Paul (married Maryana Dziadzio).

He may somehow be related to a Michael Haller (1826-1900) who arrived in Chicago in 1868. Michael was married to Kunigunda and had several children. When he arrived in the US, he was traveling with an older woman named Ursula. For a period of time, Michael and Moritz lived in the same building, but other than the shared address, I don't know how they are connected. Michael and Kunigunda were the parents of Margareth, John, Anna, Mary, Jacob, Sophie, and Mollie. He also may have been the father of another John Haller (1850-1924).

I'd love to hear from any descendents of either family.
Thanks!
Jen

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions