Search for content in message boards

Wyett & William Hames, Edgefield, SC,. 1843

Replies: 0

Wyett & William Hames, Edgefield, SC,. 1843

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hames
WYETT and WILLIAM HAMES living near Cold Spring, Edgefield, SC in 1843. Does anyone know who they were (i.e. siblings? Father/son? Or parents of either party, etc)? Name was spelled "Wyett" in a newspaper advertisement (see below), but records could be Wyatt, of course. [Thank you, Virginia Sanders-Mylius]

November 23, 1843, Augusta Chronicle: Notice: Runaway from the subscriber, on Saturday the 18thinstant, my boy TUTT; he is about 18 or 20 years of age, slim made, and tolerably tall, long legs, walks rather stiff and wambling, caused by stiffness in his hips from rheumatism; his apparel not exact known, but had non when he went away common white homespun clothes, and a pair of satinett pantaloons, a black fur hat, a pair of almost new footed boots. Also on the same night, WILLIAM HAMES had his bay horse, wagon, saddle, and bridle stolen, supposed to have been taken by my boy. The horse has a large blaze on his face, some of his feet white, and believed one of the shoes off. Said boy made an attempt to run away once before, and had in his possession when taken a free pass, written by himself, calling his name John, and stating that he had permission to hire himself, and I have no doubt that he has a similar pass now. He is my carriage driver and ostler, has been raised in the family, and has no acquaintances except in the neighborhood. I am not aware of his direction; when he started before he made towards Augusta. Any person apprehending said boy, and confining him in any safe jail, or delivering him to the subscriber, living on Scott’s Road, 12 miles west of Edgefield courthouse, will be liberally rewarded and all reasonable expenses paid. Letters direct to COLD SPRING POST OFFICE, Edgefield District, S.C, will be received. WYETT HAMES.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions