Search for content in message boards

2 Edmund C Hames

Replies: 11

Re: 2 Edmund C Hames

Posted: 13 Jun 2012 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am delighted to hear from both of you! This is really exciting to me because last summer at our annual Hames/Haimes reunion we have at the Gum Branch Church in Winston Co., MS where Samuel E. Hames (brother of William Boyd and Hamlet Charles and others) and his wife Lettie Frances Long Hames first settled, we had a new relative attend who brought some pictures he had at his house. One was a picture of William Boyd Hames and his wife Susan! At first we had to do a little research to figure out who they were, but we were so excited to see a picture of Sam's and Hamlet's older brother. I've also been in touch with a descendant of Hamlet Charles, his ggggranddaughter Dianne Wright from GA. She has promised to share some of her history with me. Apparently Hamlet and his descendants owned quite a bit of land in the Kennesaw Mt. area at one time. Sam came on over to MS to settle in Winston Co. and is buried with his wife in the Antioch Cemetery near Louisville, MS. There is a Hames Rd. so named because his 4 sons all owned property in that area and their descendants still do. I will continue to follow your posts with interest. I have to be out of town for a couple of weeks but will definitely be back in touch. What states are you located in? Maybe you can plan to come to our next Hames/Haimes reunion. I sent an email to Hamlet's gdaughter and another of Sam's ggrandsons to let them know about you all. Thanks so much for sharing. Harriette Mastin, Vicksburg, MS P.S. The Boyd name keeps cropping up. Sam named his first son Robert Boyd. Hamlet's great grandson was William Boyd also. :-)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dhames57 9 Jun 2012 9:57PM GMT 
runforf471 12 Jun 2012 12:54PM GMT 
dhames57 12 Jun 2012 8:41PM GMT 
runforf471 12 Jun 2012 11:58PM GMT 
mastin8 13 Jun 2012 3:02AM GMT 
runforf471 13 Jun 2012 11:41AM GMT 
mastin8 13 Jun 2012 9:53PM GMT 
dhames57 13 Jun 2012 1:10PM GMT 
danquick 6 Sep 2012 11:51PM GMT 
dhames57 7 Sep 2012 12:27PM GMT 
per page