Search for content in message boards

Hamills of Ireland - the Clan NaMile

Replies: 3

Hamills of Ireland - the Clan NaMile

Posted: 3 Oct 2009 3:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: hamill hamill hammill hammil hamelech namile mile hamelec hamilec austin austen chaplin
I am doing deep history research into the connection between the Hamills of Ireland and the connection to the Kings of Ireland through the Clan NaMile as reported in Keatings History of Ireland and John O'Hart Irish Pedigrees.

The current lead member is Hamill born around 1799 most probably in Down or County Antrim, married to Esther who in 1861 was living in Kirkdale Lancashire (sons Henry, Mary and Margaret Ann who married Henry Reid.

Hamill 1799 - has a genetic connection to the deep past Kings of Ireland as well as colloquial evidence. It is therefore of interest to find his earlier relatives. A Chief in Tyrone is reported to be a Hamill in 1430 and so there may be a possible connection.

Those who are interested in the Hamill story can find details at www.ogmium.com/clannamile/ send me your tree if it starts prior to 1800 and I will keep it on record to connect links if they come in. See attached file.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Nicholas Aust... 3 Oct 2009 9:32AM GMT 
austinfamilyt... 13 Jul 2010 8:42PM GMT 
cmb10306 13 Jul 2010 8:56PM GMT 
cmb10306 13 Jul 2010 8:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions