Search for content in message boards

Hamons to Hammonds "Henderson"

Replies: 2

Re: Hamons to Hammonds "Henderson"

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 10:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hammonds, Johnsons
Dear Deborah,

I am also trying to track my heritage on my Mother's side, and the similiarities are amazing. My mother's maiden name was Helen M. Johnson. Her Mother's maiden name was Elizabeth Hammonds. According to her marriage license on September 02, 1919, her father was Henderson Hammonds and her Mother was L.Catherine Hammonds. There were many marriage licenses from Wise County, Virginia that listed Henderson Hammonds as the father, but with the Mother being Helen Hammonds. I have been told that Henderson Hammonds was a snake handler, for the Church. Alledgedly, Catherine and Henderson divorced. My Grandmother has 2 sisters, Dora and Lena. Dora's daughter, Katherine Morefield, sought him out after he left, and found he had a new (or previous??) big family. Do you have any information on Henderson Hammonds? My grandmother was born in Nov. 1905, if that helps. Any information would help. Thank you, Deborah Ewing
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Deborah Sturgill 29 Apr 2002 1:10AM GMT 
NORMA19451 7 Aug 2008 12:54PM GMT 
DeborahEwing 30 Sep 2012 4:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions