Search for content in message boards

Hardin/Harding/Harden families of early Northumberland Co., VA

Replies: 4

Re: Hardin/Harding/Harden families of early Northumberland Co., VA

Posted: 9 Jun 2006 11:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2006 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: Harding Belcher Smith Allensworth
Yes, the author, Leland Pound, does do all the children he finds in the old original records. I think these were films at the National Archives and from trips to Salt Lake, UT.

Leland has listed part of several other "Harding" books and shows where they have errors and what part he can find that is supported by the original data of wills, deeds, etc.

One book listed is: "Francois Benin (Francis Benning) His Descendants and Allied Families" by Eva Hardin Benning (1981). Page 96 of this book has:
George Harding ( bc 1718, s/o Henry Harding Jr. and Ann Belcher) married a Jane SMITH. They did have a son named Henry Harding (b. 29 Aug 1753) who married a Delilah ALLENSWORTH. He d. 1835 Marion Co., Indiana.

You might want to contact Leland Pound. The last email I had from him was at < LEPound@aol.com >.
This was a number of years ago. He lives in Irvine, California. If the email in not valid, you could try to contact the "Hornbuckle Family Association" of Huntsville, AL. He was very active in this group and did much of their research.

I don't know how many copies he made of his book on the Harding Families. I don't think many were made.

I will contact you on email and will email you scanned copies of some of the pages from his book that might be connected to your line.

Brent
bbaughn@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
@@Bbaughn@aol... 4 Jul 2005 5:22AM GMT 
lharden523 8 Jun 2006 1:41PM GMT 
brent_baughn 9 Jun 2006 6:13AM GMT 
lharden523 9 Jun 2006 2:34PM GMT 
brent_baughn 9 Jun 2006 5:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions