The Mulatto Harley families of Southern Maryland have been able to trace their start
back to atleast 3 brothers.
1. Jame Harley b: 1800 - married 3 times
2. John Harley -m- Clementina Proctor
3. Smitty Harley b:180? -m- Elizabeth ??
Their descendants were listed in church and
census records as free Mulattos or free
person of color. They were all Catholics.
* They resided in the Southern Maryland
counties of Charles Prince Georges, MD.
* Their features varied from light skin to
dark complexion. Straight Blond hair to
kinky black hair. Brown eyes to Blue eyes.