Search for content in message boards

Harrell Relatives - Illinois=Indiana

Replies: 12

harrell family of indiana

jim holcom (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2000 5:42AM GMT
i am the son of gertrude alberta harrell the daughter of isaiah h harrell jr, the son of
isaiah h harrell sr, son of james harrell. the harrell families were always large families of more then 14 children to a family, until my grand parents or this last centry children. there have been family reunions (closest sunday to 29 july - uncle jess' birthday - he was the oldest one in the family still living - we did no have one this year - uncle jess's (he was born in 1876) family decided it was time to stop! his family lives around the marion and upland area in grant county indiana. it is a sad thing, but i can see why, i for one have not made it every year to the re-unions. my children think it is a waste of their time to go or their spouses think it is a waste of their time - since their own families do not do it-- so why do our families still want the reunions? i use to love to go as a child, there were so many things going on and the food was the greatest! we use to have it at someones home, but these days it is at some park, not the home spun get together that last all day long like those of yesterdays. i came back from arizona to the reunions when i was younger with my family. i use to plan that date every year for our vacation. my wife went along with my desires to do genealogy, but her family never had family reunions, which makes doing genealogy just alittle more harder to do!
i live alone now with three of my sons living out in hawaii, another son living out in arizona, a daughter somewhere and my youngest son going to north carolina -- oh, i am at p.o. box 534 north webster indiana,
46555 or e-mail jhdragonfly@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cindy Harrell 28 Oct 2010 10:22AM GMT 
jim holcom 17 Aug 2000 11:42AM GMT 
jaharrell61 12 Sep 2000 11:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic