Search for content in message boards

Joseph Walker Harris Sr & Jr.

Replies: 5

Joseph Walker Harris Sr & Jr.

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 11:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can Someone please help me ?? I have been trying to trace my Harris family back beyond my grandfather and keep hitting brick walls, and I don't understand why.
My father was a WWII vet. of the army (Jr) and passed in 2008 in Richmond Virgina, and his father (Sr) was a WW1 vet. and passed on Dec. 3 1963, in Mc Guire veterans hospital in Richmond (Chesterfield Co. before annexed I believe)Both are buried at Dale memorial gardens in Chesterfield Va.
That's where it ends, because for me to join the DAR, I must know where Sr.'s parents are buried and here is my problem, His father was (I was told) killed in a tractor accident, and his mother married a Flippen and her maiden name was Jamerson ( or another spelling of same name)all from the Buckingham county, Va. Area. I don't know for sure if his father was Samuel or not, I have seen where listed for his mother and father, Middle name being Travis ??? which is hard to absorb and I believe incorrect, although he had a brother named Travis.
I have researching this for 7 years and hit the same walls, please help

gloria Harris
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tofuti451 6 Jan 2013 6:44PM GMT 
jasche 6 Jan 2013 11:31PM GMT 
tofuti451 7 Jan 2013 3:07PM GMT 
tofuti451 7 Jan 2013 6:31PM GMT 
jasche 7 Jan 2013 8:54PM GMT 
tofuti451 8 Jan 2013 4:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions