Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Franklin Harris - b. December 1865 (1866?) Indiana?

Replies: 7

Re: Benjamin Franklin Harris - b. December 1865 (1866?) Indiana?

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harris
Sadly, my ancestry.com online chart is a real mess. I have so many doubles and overlaps, and don't know how to get rid of them. Maybe I should just start over when it comes to the Harris side. (The Boucher/Tanguay side has been exhaustively researched thru Quebec and into France. The Catholic Church REALLY kept meticulous records!)

Anyway, John Jacob was just temporarily plugged in there to see if it generated any leads to compare and contrast. The John Jacob name was suggested by another family member who has done some work. (I will be getting that opus in the mail shortly.) I will be removing the John Jacob reference.

Yes, Rose is listed twice... Don't know how I did that .. and don't know how to remove it. (I once removed a name and the whole decending line disappeared!)

Avery H. Allen was just recently plugged in (in the last couple days) and I have had no chance to scope out his possibilities. On the to-do list.

The way I have been working, mostly, is from Ancestry.com government documents (and family trees) and comparing various dates (births, marriages, deaths), names, children, spouses, parents, residencies, etc. I figure the more of them I can get to line up, the more likely is the match .. and even that is frustrating. For example, I have Benjamin Franklin's father listed in all documents but ONE as being born in Ohio. ONE of them says he was born in Virginia (and I am pretty sure they are the same person).

As you refer to in your following post, I too have found the Issac Butterworth Harris link, with his son, Benjamin Harris, being born in the same year (1865) and the same place (Indiana). The temptation to claim him as MY Benjamin Harris was SO tempting ... name, date and place matched! On on further cross-referencing, tho, Isaac's Benjamin Harris' middle name is CLEARLY "Jonas" and mine is clearly "Franklin." Drat!

I will take your advice and list all I know as SURE about the Harris line. It shouldn't be hard as what I know doesn't go back too far.

Thanks SO much for your exhaustive replies!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Beowoulf 4 Feb 2013 2:19AM GMT 
jasche 4 Feb 2013 12:39PM GMT 
Beowoulf 4 Feb 2013 8:16PM GMT 
jasche 4 Feb 2013 10:21PM GMT 
Dor2Tyme 5 Feb 2013 1:10PM GMT 
Dor2Tyme 5 Feb 2013 6:39PM GMT 
Beowoulf 5 Feb 2013 10:46PM GMT 
Dor2Tyme 5 Feb 2013 1:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions