Search for content in message boards

Hugh Harris, Sr b. 1749 Virginia

Replies: 3

Re: Hugh Harris, Sr b. 1749 Virginia

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 8:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Sorry it took so long to get back. I haven't been researching for a while, but am back trying to tie up open questions so I can finish my book. It seems I have the same problem on both sides of my family. I can only go so far and then miss a connect to an earlier generation. I've been going through ALL the Harris families that immigrated. It seems there are two places to start - England and Scotland. There were some from Ireland, but most families with the name of "Hugh" seem to come from Scotland. John seems to be a universal name in all Harris families. I've been trying to use the Scottish naming formula. I found three land purchases by Hugh Harris in Washington Co TN 1924-1928. He and Benjamin Hensley bought adjoining property. And then a Shelton bought adjoining property which puts the three families all there together. My question is which Hugh? They were both old enough, but the land purchases just say Hugh Harris. I found a Federal census that I feel sure relates to Hugh b. 1785 and on it, John Hugh referred to himself as Hugh Jr. If you haven't seen it, I'll send it to you.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
triciafri 19 Jul 2013 7:54PM GMT 
20tn40 28 Jul 2013 12:53AM GMT 
triciafri 11 Aug 2013 2:14PM GMT 
BethPytel58 11 Oct 2013 2:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions