Replies: 5

John Harris from Greene Co. AL.

John A. Harris (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2000 10:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jul 2013 7:23AM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Hello,
I'm very excited to hear from you. In redards to "John Harris" my father, he passed sometime in 1940 when I was age 3, therefore most of the information I have regarding him came via my mother , who is also now deceased.
But here is what I have. According to my mother, my father left Ala. as a fugitive and headed west. there he met and married a lady and had 5 or six kids. They lived in FortWorth, Tex. He divorced her, met and married my mother, and went to live in Okemulga (sp) Okla. about 1934. She became pregnant but that child died. They moved back to Ft.Worth, where he went to work for the WPA prior to my birth in 1937. I have one brother Bobby Wayne Harris b.11/28/39

Sometime early in 1940 my father became ill from prostrate complications where he was admitted to City and County hospital for surgery, he did not survive.

Presently I'm in the process of contacting the mortuary, Baker's Furneral Home in Ft Worth, to see if they maintained any records for either one of my parents.

I find it ironic that you're seeking your path amongst native Americans. Indirectly, I'm doing the same thing. I have a daughter.Her maternal greatgrandmother was a Harris, allegedly with connections to Pocahantas via the son she had with John Roth. My daughter's mother's people are from the area of Va. where the Ten Tribes were located. This I discovered via the 1910 Va. census.

In any case if I glean any information from my search in Texas, I'll contact you. Btw,my father had a brother with the name of "Albert" , the source of my middle name.
TTYL....
juanhar@juno.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JWT 29 Oct 2000 5:51PM GMT 
John A. Harris 19 Dec 2000 4:42PM GMT 
JWT 20 Dec 2000 6:07AM GMT 
John A. Harris 24 Dec 2000 5:02PM GMT 
bonhomme40 28 Feb 2005 9:37PM GMT 
kenda_jones65 25 Jul 2013 8:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions