Search for content in message boards

Burr Calvert, George, Craven and Washington H. Harris

Replies: 33

Burr Calvert Harris

Posted: 23 Jan 2000 3:26AM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2003 5:46AM GMT
Linda,
A recent little thing that I have found. First, there were at least 5 different "Burr Calvert Harris"
Burr I was born about 1635 in England and died about 1695 in Virginia
Burr II was born before 1692 in Virginia
Burr III was born about 1715 in Virginai and died about 1786 in SC.
(Note: I have a copy of the 1742 election of Burgess for Prince William county, Virginia and there are 2 listings of Burr Harris on it)(at least 2 were alive and of voting age in 1742)
Burr IV was born about 1735 in Virginia and died about 1824 in SC.
I am fairly sure that these four were father, son, grandson and g-grandson
Burr V was born about 1845 in SC and was the son of Micajah Harris and Mary Gallman.
In reading J.B. O'Neall's Annals of Newberry, I find an interesting little bit of info. In Part 1, No. 11, I find that the Burr Harris who was the father of the Micajah Harris who married Sarah Shephard (I have to specify which Micajah since I have 10 of them) bought some land in Newberry and "lived thereon until his death". In Part 1, No. 20, O'Neall says that a daughter of Maximillian Haynie married Burr Harris, stayed in Newberry for a few years, then moved to Pendleton. That has to be 2 different men. Therefore, I must conclude that the Haynie girl is NOT the mother of Micajah. From Summer's "Newberry County SC: Historical and Geneological", I know that this Micajah also had brother's named George, Thomas and Obed so I must conclude that Miss Haynie is not their mother either. The only way I can logically resolve this question is for Burr III to be the father of Micajah, George, Thomas, Obed and Burr IV. Then it is Burr IV who married the Haynie girl.
George was born in 1758 and Craven is his youngest son and born in 1795.
Now don't ask me to sort out the Micajah's because, I don't even know if I have all of them, much less which one comes when.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RHarris4960 13 Jun 2001 5:02AM GMT 
jonandandreah... 15 Aug 2012 9:59PM GMT 
RHarris4960 27 Aug 1999 10:02PM GMT 
RHarris4960 23 Jan 2000 10:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic