Search for content in message boards

William Harvey of Boston, MA, daug. Experience Harvey m. to Jonathan Briggs, 1600's. Joan Hucker??

Replies: 4

Re: William Harvey of Boston, MA, daug. Experience Harvey m. to Jonathan Briggs, 1600's. Joan Hucker??

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 4:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harvey, Briggs, Hucker
Thanks for the replies. I suppose I am still a bit confused.

One example:
'Abstracts of Bristol County, Massachusetts Probate Records, 1687-1745', Vol. 1, pg. 1, By H. L. Peter Rounds states:
"Div. of est. of Jonathan Briggs of Taun., pres. 31 Jan 1689/9 [sic]. Wife Experience. Son Jonathan (eldest). 7 sons & 5 daus. Not named."
Pg. 43 gives details naming sons Jonathan, David, John, Thomas, Amos, Benjamin, Ebenezer & Nathaniel. It mentions son to make payments to the sisters who are not named.

At this point in time, I personally have found no evidence that the Experience who married Jonathan Briggs was the daughter of William Harvey. Jonathan Briggs seemed to have had at least 12 children with Experience making it impossible for him to have died before the marriage of Experience Harvey and Thomas Harvey in the late 1660s.

Seems as though this may now be an issue to address on the Briggs board.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eastmanvc 3 Jul 2009 2:14PM GMT 
mcleodofmchen... 6 Nov 2009 5:05AM GMT 
BillHarvey34 8 Nov 2009 6:50PM GMT 
mcleodofmchen... 9 Nov 2009 4:03PM GMT 
eastmanvc 29 Dec 2009 11:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions