Search for content in message boards

Adolph Hauser - Any New Info?

Replies: 0

Adolph Hauser - Any New Info?

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 3:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hauser
I have been trying for a few years now to find any info on Adolph Hauser.

My g'mother wasn't to sure of the family side of the gentleman who was my mother's dad, Robert Edwin Hauser. It seemed to be a fly-by-night relationship and he was killed in an accident when my mother was young, so she never really knew him or the extended family.

I've discovered on here, his father was Daniel Hauser, son of Adolph Hauser & Olive Emory Mcgrew. But I keep hitting a wall as to who this man was. I know he came from Switzerland in 1888 and I've been able to come across quite a few other 'Hauser' that immigrated at that time and their lineage, but not his.

He was on the William Penn ship in 1868 with his brother Julius Hauser. They were 9(Adolph) and 14(Julius). No other family members are listed on the ship.

On Ancestry.com the US site, I have moved my search to Julius maybe being able to turn up his lineage and I have linked him with 13 other siblings of the parents "John C. Hauser" and "Elizabeth Keinholz".
My discovery came from this site:
http://howellhistory.com/hauser.html#Family%20Tree

Is it possible that the first 2 children (Julius & Adolph) were sent to the US and being so young, the rest of the family at the time stayed in Switzerland? Could it be that the person who designed the linked site was unaware of Julius & Adolph and this is why they are not listed as the first 2 children in this family?

I know it sounds like a long shot, but crazier things have happened and it actually sounds possible.

Thank you for any insight,
Veronica

Find a board about a specific topic