Search for content in message boards

Joseph Hawkins Sr.. Columbus,GA

Replies: 2

Joseph Hawkins Sr.. Columbus,GA

Gary Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 5:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hawkins/Johnson/Savage/Hunter/Hill -GA, IL
I am unsure if anyone is still watching this thread. My gFather was Joseph (Bear) Hawkins, Sr. From Columbus, Ga (Bellwood Heights, about 25 miles from Atlanta). To my knowledge my gFather, was either married or lived with a Mary
and had 2 children, Joseph, Jr. and Dorothy (married to Cleveland Savage). My Father, Joseph (lil' Bear), Jr. married Mattie Sherald in and around 1954 or 1955 and moved to Chicago, IL. My Father, Joseph, Jr. has mentioned a half brother in Columbus,Ga but not much more info. My Family is very much a part of the African American Hawkins family, however Joseph Hawkins, Sr. did not appear to be African American. My gFather died early in my childhood around the early 60's in Columbus, Ga. I am just starting this process and have very little information. If anyone can help, feel free to contact me: ghawkinyh@yahoo.com. I have some sketchy info that needs to be confirmed and would like to trace my family, at least to the share cropper/slave era and beyond if possible.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gary Hawkins 6 Feb 2003 12:52AM GMT 
Gary Hawkins 16 Apr 2009 12:04AM GMT 
JuanitaSavage... 10 May 2011 2:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions